What is the
On February 29, 2020, the Dikaia Foundation awarded over $10,000 in scholarship support to 18 members of the Delta Upsilon undergraduate Chapter. For more information on the February event, click here.
Dikaia Tax ID: 16-6044201
Dikaia Foundation, Inc. ("Dikaia" or the Foundation) is a non-profit 501(c)(3) founded by Delta Upsilon Syracuse University Chapter alumni in 1952. Dikaia’s mission is to aid, encourage, promote and contribute to the education and general well-being of members of the Delta Upsilon Fraternity at Syracuse University. The Foundation’s objectives are to:
Since its' founding, Dikaia has provided academic, merit and needs-based scholarships to hundreds of DU undergraduate brothers at SU. Some of these scholarships bear the name outstanding Delta Upsilon alumni, including:
1. The Herb Dean Scholarship – named after Herb W. Dean ’39. Awarded in recognition of outstanding academic and personal achievement, with special consideration given to students in the Whitman School of Management.
2. The M. Harold Dwyer Achievement Award – named after Harold “Pete” Dwyer ’32 who was the first President of Dikaia. Awarded in recognition of outstanding academic and personal achievement.
3. The Jock Stratton Award – named after Hubert Charles “Jock” Stratton ‘26 who was a founder of Dikaia and was “Alumnus of the Year” in 1977. He was a member of the intercollegiate championship junior varsity crew team of 1923 and stroke of the 1926 SU varsity crew team. Awarded in recognition of outstanding leadership, with special consideration given to members of a Syracuse University athletic team.
4. The Dick Thorpe Scholarship - named after Dick Thorpe '64, who remained involved in the fraternity throughout his lifetime and inspired many DU alumni. He was the Chairman of the Task Force, which raised $325,000 to fund our return to campus in 2017. Awarded in recognition of a Brother who leads by example, puts Brotherhood above self, and stays involved in DU to the end of his undergraduate career.
5. The Jeff Ploshnick Scholarship - awarded in honor of Jeff Ploshnick ‘88 to an undergraduate Brother who made the Brotherhood tighter by constant participation in all things DU and promoting friendship.
How to Apply for a Dikaia Scholarship
Delta Upsilon members enrolled at Syracuse University may apply for one or more Dikaia scholarships by submitting a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org and completing the application form. Since its founding, Dikaia has granted approximately $700,000 in scholarships to SU students, along with sponsorship of other educational programs.
Support SU DU Undergraduates Through Dikaia
If you are interested in naming a scholarship, please contact Rick Holland email@example.com.
Dikaia is a registered 501(c)3 charitable organization. Please send your tax deductible gift to:
Dikaia Foundation Inc.
c/o Oswald C. Street IV
107 Chestnut Street, #4
Boston, MA 02108
or via Venmo: @rick-holland-10
Dikaia Foundation Officers and Board of Directors | September 2020
The First Annual Meeting of Dikaia was held at the Onondaga Hotel, Syracuse, NY on November 19, 1952 at 12:15pm. The meeting was called to order by Chairman M. Harold Dwyer.